Want to find out more about our club? Join our Facebook group "UEA Tennis Newcomers 2021/22" to meet everyone!
UEA Tennis is a friendly club with a mixture of players with all abilities. We welcome beginners through to advanced players. The club has 13 competitive teams, for BUCS we have 4 mens and 1 womens, for the Norfolk mixed doubles regional league we have an A & B team, for the Norwich City League we have 2 mens and 1 womens team, and lastly we have 3 FAST4 teams, 2 Men's and 1 Women's. These all play regularly competitively, against other clubs. Our experienced captains delivers coaching at all of our training sessions and there is the opportunity for members to gain their own experience in coaching too.
- Sunday (Sports Park) 2pm - 4pm
- Come along to our relaxed social sessions aimed at any level and we will provide you with tennis rackets, balls and coaching!
BUCS Men's and Women's Team Training:
Training aimed at the more experienced and competitive players - BUCS is perfect for those looking to compete against other universities at a high level.
- Mondays (Sports Park) 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Sundays (Indoor Easton Tennis Centre) 4pm - 6pm (transport will be provided from campus)
Development Squad Training:
Development Squad is perfect for those who want to train and compete at a high level under the guidance and watchful eye of our coaches.
- Thursdays (Sports Park) 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport) matches are every Wednesday against other universities in our league.
- Norfolk Mixed Doubles regional League (Sunday League) allows competitive play every Sunday against other regional clubs.
- Norwich City League men's and women's doubles league against local teams that runs from May to August.
- Fast 4 matches are competitive matches designed for non-performance players giving them the opportunity to play against other universities in our league such as Essex, Anglia Ruskin & Cambridge.
- Team Challenge, an annual event held at UEA celebrates tennis regardless of your skill level, we host other universities competing in challenges,
- Once a year there is a university-wide Sports Competition against Essex University called Derby Day where we play our Women's and Men's teams.
- We also offer regular club tournaments throughout the year, such as Club Champs, Box League, Charitable competitions, Davis Cup and many more :)
Socials & Events
We have an extremely packed social calendar throughout the year ranging from themed nights out, weekly Sports nights, sober socials, quiz nights, mixed tournaments, Winter/Summer Balls, tour in Croatia and more!
- Social Squad Member: £35 for the year (standard membership)
- Development Squad Member: £45 for the year (standard membership plus £10 Dev add on)
- BUCS Squad Member: £70 for the year (standard membership plus £35 BUCS add on)
If you are interested in playing tennis at university make sure you like the official UEA Tennis page to see updates on team trials, fun social sessions and tennis nights out!
Check out our regularly updated social media to see what we're up to!
- Instagram: @ueatennis
- Twitter: @ueatennis
- Facebook: UEA Tennis
- TikTok: @ueatennis
Any questions just ask,
Tennis love x
Your committee for 2021/22:
- President: Oliver Dyson
- Secretary: Oscar Lee
- Treasurer: Sam Barton
- Social Secs: Ollie Radcliffe & Millie Botting
- Publicity Sec: Ben Harington
- Health & Safety: Oscar Lee
- Fundraising & Sponsorship: Kirsten Howe
- 1st Team BUCS Men's Captain: Luke Walker
- 2nd Team BUCS Men's Captain: Marcus Leong
- 3rd Team BUCS Men's Captain: Olly Dyson
- 4th Team BUCS Men's Captain: TBD
- Women's BUCS Captain: Kirsten Howe
- A Team Captain: Vaniya Moradi
- B Team Captain: Freddie Ratsma
- Equality & Diversity: Bethan Reid
- Union Council Rep: Bethan Reid
- First Year Rep: TBD
- Development Squad coordinator: Carlos Martin