The UEA Award is a framework to log all of your activities and experiences during your time at UEA and learn how to articulate them in a way that employers value and understand. If you have volunteered as a committee member, outreach volunteer, buddy volunteer or any other volunteering role as part of your time at UEA - you have developed skills that can be showcased via the UEA award.
Employers often feed back that they know that graduates have a wealth of experience they could showcase but they are often reticent to do so, or they lack the ability to discuss the attributes they have developed that lend themselves to the world of work. The UEA Award gives you the opportunity to:
· Log all of your activities and experiences in one place
· Learn how to reflect on your strengths and areas for development
· Receive expert feedback from careers professionals and employers
· Write a high-quality CV
· Practise the art of producing a video CV (nearly half of all employers ask for a video as part of the recruitment process now!)
· Be rewarded for your efforts and receive certificates at Bronze, Silver and Gold levels. You also receive ‘digital badges’ that you can use on your CV and LinkedIn profiles
First year students can use activities from up to a year ago and second year-final year students can use activities from up to 2 years ago. The emphasis of the Award is to reflect on what you have already done/are already doing and to learn to show off the attributes you have developed through doing them.
Ready to start your UEA Award application? Sign into MyCareerCental